Types of computers
There are several families of computers, depending on their format:
- Mainframes, computers which a great deal of computing power, enormous input-output capabilities and high level of reliability. Mainframes are used by large companies to carry out heavy computing operations are large volumes of data processing. Mainframes are normally used in centralised architectures, in which they are the heart.
- Personal computers, including,
- Desktop computers, made up of a case which houses a motherboard and allows users to connect multiple peripheral devices such as the screen.
- Laptop computers, made of a case with a fold-out screen, a keyboard, and many onboard devices.
- Tablet PCs, made of a case which integrates a touch-screen and a certain number of onboard devices.
- Media centres, which represent a hardware platform, intended to be used in living rooms for running hifi elements (such as a hifi sound system, television set, DVD player, etc.)
- Personal digital assistants (called PDAs, or handhelds), sometimes known as organizers or electronic datebooks, are pocket computers with features for personal organization.
Tipos de equipos
Les familles d'ordinateurs
Tipi di computer
As famílias de computadores