is a dictionary which allows you to find definitions, synonyms and antonyms of any given word without going online. It includes 150,000 root words and 120,000 synonym words. But if you look for expanded functionality, you need an internet connection.
Key features :
- Installation : You can install this application as portable. Thus, there is no change in your Windows registry entries. The other possibility is to install it on an external device, this way you can use it on any computer. During installation, you must specify the kind of English you use like Australian, Canadian, American or New Zealander.
- User-interface : Simple and easy to use, you only need to type a word in the search field or use a shortcut. The result will be displayed quickly. When making search, you can define word categories to get the nearest meaning. If you like, you can activate the pronunciation feature.
- Databases : Its database is flexible, which means that you can add definitions and glossaries by importing them from other applications, and configure the American, British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand English. Apart from definitions, pronunciations, antonyms, it also offers 70,000 usage examples, which is very helpful. Finally, the text fonts can also be modified.
- Low amount of system resource
- It includes a step-by step guide
- It includes most English locals
- It supports hotkeys
- Regular updates
- You need time to be familiar with it