The best way to protect files or folders is to encrypt them. TrueCrypt
is an open-source disk encryption for several operating systems. Detailed below are some of its main functions.
- Encryption: TrueCrypt can encrypt files, folders and even hard drives or USB keys. Another function also allows encrypting a virtual partition, which can be copied to the hard disk. In this case, the backup file or confidential file is encrypted.
- Getting started: it is quite easy to handle, with a possibility to automate the encryption of certain files or folders. On the one hand, you can also encrypt files or folders on the fly with a simple drag/drop or via the context menu. All actions are done in real time without any delay.
- Password-protected: decrypting a folder, file or disk always requires a password. The method used for encryption prevents all kinds of piracy. It is impossible to know which operating system the encrypted file was created.
- Operating systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven.
- Processor: Pentium III or equivalent.
- RAM: 128 MB
- Required disk space: 3 MB
- TrueCrypt is an ideal solution to encrypt data.
- It offers an intuitive and user-friendly graphical interface.
- Some minor bugs are recorded.
Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux
For Tutorial click here
See also :