This program motivating middle school girls in learning computer programming has been created by Caitlin Kelleher for her doctoral work in Computer Science. Storytelling Alice
enables to learn this subject through creating short 3D animated movies.
- Animated stories: thanks to this tool and thanks to a well-designed interface, boys and girls can easily create animated stories. Animations are of high-level giving them the ability to program social interactions between characters in the story.
- Tutorial: Storytelling Alice offers a story-based tutorial that enables users to introduce programming through the building of a story. The context, the interface, menus and tools have been created to easily produce your 3D story. Thanks to this, creating 3D animation and refining your skills in programming can be done smoothly.
- Interface: the interface has been designed to meet girls’ attention. Menus and tools are displayed graphically (Camera, Light, Ground, Camera tripod, Undo, Play, etc.). You can also choose from different scenes (Egypt, Forest, Classroom, City, Circus, etc) and a gallery of 3D characters proposed by Storytelling Alice.
- Operating Systems: Mobile, 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Storytelling Alice is downloadable for free.