DriveImage XML is a program allowing you to make images of the system (partitions and logical drives) for backup, in the style of Norton Ghost.
This program allows you to:
- Create images of the logical drives and partitions.
- Browse these images, view see and extract files from it.
- Restore the image disk to the same or a different drive
- Make a copy from a drive to drive.
- Schedule automatic backup.
The creation of images uses the VSS service (Volume Shadow Services) from Microsoft, allowing you to create safe hot copies, even from disks currently in use.
The images are stored in XML files, which allow you to manipulate them with third party tools. The images can be restored without having to reboot !
DriveImage XML runs only under Windows XP Home, XP Professionnal and Windows Server 2003. The program backs up and restores disks using FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS file system.