Once named "urlgfe", Uget
is one of the countless programs meant to optimize speed downloading. But the difference is that this one is simple and easy to use by its interface and its lightweight character.
- Manager: Uget is a tool which manages files downloading. Its developer qualifies it as a very powerful manager thanks to a wide array of features included within it. Indeed, the software is able to classify files that have to be downloaded according preset categories.
- Practical: Uget features all conventional functions for a downloading manager as well as other specific tools. For instance, users can resume/stop/pause downloads. It also offers the possibility to work in batch and acts as scheduler supporting quiet mode, keyboards shortcuts, folder auto creation and many others.
- Compatibility: this application gives you the ease to download all files through the following protocol: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and even BitTorrent* & Metalink*. Using the plug-in “Flashgot”, you will make it easily compatible with Firefox.
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7.
- Required drive space: 6 kb.
- Uget is a complete manager download.
- You can set your computer to shut down after a completed download.
- You will keep track of all your download histories.
- It is an open source application and can be used for free.
- Nothing special to be reported.