is a special tool for seeing, modifying and renaming resources inside executable files such as .exe, .ocx, .dll, .res, etc.
- Viewing resources: the application in its features allows users to view cursor, GIF, AVI, Icon, Bitmap, and JPG resource images as well as playing WAV and MIDI audio files. Apart from that, users have the choice between whether viewing menus, dialogs, messageTables, stringTables, and other information as they appear in the application or as decompiled resources.
- Saving and modifying: users are allow to save resources into untyped binary files (*.bin), image files (*.ico, *.bmp etc) or script files (*.rc) which can be modified by replacing the resource. In addition to that, it is worth to note here that even dialog controls can be visually moved and/or resized. For that, you just have to click and drag the respective dialog controls.
- Adding and deleting: Resource Hacker allows adding and deleting some resources if that is necessary. Some resources can be added from external resource files (*.res). It is also possible to remove unused resources to gain in size.
- Operating System: Win95 / Win98 / WinME / WinNT / Win2K / WinXP / Vista / Win7
- Practical for developers.
- The application is available in English, Japanese and Chinese.
- It is no longer being developed.
Latest update on Monday November 12, 2012 10:20:56 AM