Created by two students (Matthew Brown and David G. Lowe) of the University of Colombia, AutoStitch
is a tool for creating automatic panoramic views from a series of photographs. With no use user input whatsoever, an entire panorama can be constructed easily.
- Image stitching: the application combines several photographic images so as to produce a segmented panorama of high resolution. As an image stitching software, AutoStitch is combining the three stages of this process that is to say, the registration, the calibration and the blending.
- Full view panoramas: the demo version of this software is using spherical projection. This option can stitch full view 360 x 180 degree panoramas; this means that everything is visible from a point. For cylindrical and planar projections, you have to acquire a license.
- Result: with the combination of numbers of images, the result can be astonishing. From the picture that you see here, 57 images were aligned together to give this wonderful landscape and the people in.
- Automatic Stitches: AutoStitch differs from some other image stitching software from the fact that it automatically stitches together images, even zoomed or unaligned photographs. Indeed, it can stitch images without user input.
- AutoStitch can stitch images without user input.
- Easy to use and the result is amazing.
Latest update on November 9, 2012 at 08:53 AM.