is an Open Source that is mainly based on VirtualDub. This tool enables to capture and edit video files on a sleek interface.
- Editing: VirtualDubMod offers several functions allowing users to edit a video. Several effects, color inversion, flipping and reducing dimensions can be performed. It also enables changing the brightness level of the video being processed.
- Conversion: it is capable of re-encoding movies. It supports several types of video file formats for the input such as ASF, MKV or MPEG. As for the output, numbers of formats are also supported. For instance, the user can encode a video file to DivX or XviD.
- Audio extraction: this function enables users the possibility to get audio from a given video. They can extract the music or only some sections and then record it on the hard drives in several formats. The most common output format is MP3.
- VirtualDubMod is an Open Source.
- This portable program does not need any installation.
- It can capture images from processed video.
- This tool has been abandoned by its developer.