is an encryption tool optimized for Cloud. This means that it can secure cloud storage and file transfer. It can work with almost all major cloud storage providers.
- Encryption process: thanks to this security tool, all files and folders that have to be uploaded to a cloud can be encrypted locally. It is creating a virtual drive on the computer to complete this encryption.
- AES and RSA encryption: all exchanged items and data from the computer can be protected by these two algorithms. The two combined (symmetric and asymmetric) are providing private and public protection.
- Supported browsers: since this program's main goal is to provide a protection in the cloud, here are some online storage providers that it supports. Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive, CloudMe, Box and still many others.
- Master Key: BoxCryptor is available for both personal and professional use. For the company package, the administrator can have data opened and edited by all members owning the master key.
- BoxCryptor is a cross-platform program.
- It can manage permissions for editing a document.
- This demo version can only encrypt directory of up to 5GB.