It is certainly interesting to see the stars from a planetarium. However, many of us may not have the time to go to such places. Stellarium
is free open source planetarium for your computer. The application is funnier if you own a projector to spread it on a big screen or on your ceiling.
- Constellation display: Stellarium can watch the 12 constellations of the zodiac and the 36 other figures listed by Ptolemy very clearly. Thus, the application can be used for research and stargazing.
- Planets and satellites: the program can show full of picture representations of the atmosphere, sunrise and sunset, the Milky Way, the 8 solar planets and their satellites. 3D images that emerge are very realistic.
- Catalogues: Stellarium has a database of more than 600,000 stars. Being an open source application allows you to add your own sky objects, landscapes, constellation images, etc.
- Tools: when searching, the application offers a powerful zoom on the lens. In addition, the user has a spherical mirror projection and fisheye designed for planetariums.
- The application can be downloaded for free.
- The interface is intuitive and easy.
- It is not very easy to handle.