Created by British programmer Chris Jones, Adventure Game Studio
or also called AGM
is mainly designed for game designers and gamers willing to give it a go theirselves the action game creation.
- Resolution and color depths: Adventure Game Studio’s graphics filters enable players to scale up to the spported resolution if needed. The required screen resolution being to 320x200 up to 1024x768. As for colour depth, 8-bit (palette), 16-bit (hi-colour) and 32-bit (true-colour) all supported.
- Audio features: the program supports several file formats for your background music. It features ambient sounds, Crossfading music, footstep sounds as well as multiple sound channels.
- Workflow and scripting: for your action game, you are able to define how the game reacts to events with scripting. Java/C #-style language based, Adventure Game Studio offers scripting built-in with Autocomplete, Calltips, Online Help, Syntax highlighting and script debugger for placing breakpoints and stepping through script code.
- Translation : if you want your game to be available in several languages, Adventure Game Studio is also packed with built-in support for translation. You can profit from several languages.
- Supported formats : for the audio, it supports OGG, MP3, WAV, MOD, XM and MIDI. It can also support AVI, WMV, FLC, OGV (Ogg Theora) for video formats.
- Operating systems: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OSX.
- .NET Framework 2.0 (or higher).
- Adventure Game Studio is integrated with any MSSCCI system.
- Created games are compiled to a single EXE file for distribution.