Scientific calculator is often used to perform complex mathematical operations. With Maxima
, it is possible to perform this task right from a computer. This program also allows making 3D graphics. It is a computer algebra system.
- Calculation: Maxima's main function is to calculate various mathematical operations. Compared to other programs of its genre, it is as effective and easy to handle as them. Since the application is programmable, it can solve different matters in calculations.
- Supported areas: since this is a full-featured program, Maxima can support calculations in polynomials, special functions, limits, integration, equations, numerical, sums, products and series as well as symmetries and number theory.
- Interface: with its clean and simple interface, Maxima is easy to handle. This same interface integrates wxMaxima and Xmaxima. This allows calculating the most common operations directly via context menus. It is not really necessary to master the application’s commands.
- Graphical representation: what is interesting with Maxima is that it can reproduce the calculations graphically in 2D or 3D curves thanks to its gnuplot. What makes the operations and functions clearer.
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Required disk space: 33 MB
- Maxima is a freeware.
- This is the latest version so, the most efficient.
- All kinds of symbolic expressions are supported.
Latest update on June 24, 2013 at 01:14 AM.