is a utility whose purpose is to facilitate the integration of text in a video such as subtitles. It is simple to use and can be used by both experts and beginners.
- Player: Macaw is capable of playing videos in QuickTime format (MPEGS, DivX, etc). The user can view the video on the main interface of the program. It contains a control panel to Pause, Skip sequences, Stop and Playback.
- Subtitle and text: integrating a text in videos can be done in a matter of seconds. The user just has to choose the text to enter. After that, it is up to the user to operate the timing control to change the text at each sequence.
- Processing mode: Macaw contains many text styles. It allows users to choose among different fonts and layout to apply to words and to add to the video. The size of the text is also editable. Processed files are saved in QuickTime format that are supported by most players.
- Macaw can be downloaded free of charge.
- Its use does not require a lot of system resources.
- Macaw is not available in other languages than English.