is a utility developed by GrandUtils to help recover data deleted from the hard drive. It can handle multiple file systems.
- Scanning: Back2Life can analyze the location where data were stored so as to recover them after. Three modes can be selected namely the Deep, Standard and Smart. It supports six main file systems that are FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and CDFS.
- Recovering: after the scan, this program will display results on its interface. It is then up to the user to select which files to really recover and select a location for them on the hard drive. Note that even damaged or formatted partitions are supported for this operation.
- Removable devices: apart from files and folders on the hard drives, Back2Life is also able to recover data from these categories. This means that this tool can recover deleted data from CD-R and CD-R, USB devices, mobile phones, MP3players and various digital media.
- Back2Life is built-in with a fast scanning engine.
- It can be easily installed on floppy or USB flash drive.
- To fully get advantages of this tool, buying the license is recommended.