Designed by Christian Kindahl, TUGZip
is an archiving utility for Windows. It provides support for a wide range of compressed, encoded and disc-image files as well as other features.
- Supported formats: what distinguishes it from other programs of its genre is that it can support a wide range of archives files. This includes: ZIP, 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, BH, BZ2, CAB, CPIO, DEB, GCA, GZ, IMP, JAR, LHA (LZH), LIB, RAR, RPM, SQX, TAR, TGZ, TBZ, TAZ, YZ1 and ZOO archives. TUGZip also supports BIN, C2D, IMG, ISO and NRG disc-images.
- Encryption: so as to provide a hundred percent protection of you archive files, the program also offers to encrypt archives using 6 different algorithms. We can cite Blowfish (128-bit), DES (56-bit), Triple DES (168-bit) and Rijndael (128-bit, 192-bit and 256-bit).
- Repairing: another feature making its uniqueness is that TUGZip can repair any corrupted ZIP or SQX archives. Indeed, if you have a compressed file that has been damaged or corrupted because of a mishandling or a virus attack, you can proceed to its repairing thanks to this tool.
- Windows Shell: integrated with Windows Shell, TUGZip remains easy to use. Moreover, thanks to this feature, users can perform basic actions such as drag and drop, copy, paste, deleting, renaming, extracting, virus analysis and much more.
- Miscellaneous: apart from that, TUGZip also allows users to automated backups of files, extract archives in batch via Multi Extract. It can also automatic updates using the "Web Update" function.
- Operating systems: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP
- RAM: 512MB.
- HDD: 4Mb.
- TUGZip is a powerful award-winning tool.
- Easy to use with an intuitive interface.
- Nothing special to report.