Lighten your DVD file with Subtitle Extractor!
Most of the time, original subtitles are cumbersome and you need to change them if you want to re-encode your DVD in a MKV container. There is nothing complicated using this software. You just need to follow indication on its interface.
- Extracting: Subtitles Extractor uses an optical character recognition, OCR, for extracting subtitles from video contained whether in your hard drive or in DVD. This tool automatically reads one by one subtitles’ characters and encrypts it. This will be quickly done but it should be noted that some characters like I, l, 1, o have to be manually checked for they are often distorted.
- Converting: once the extraction is done; you are given the ability to choose in which format your subtitle files should be saved: Advanced Substation Alpha or in SRT text format. It also supports converting individual sup (PGS) into other subtitle formats.
- Wizard-style app: Subtitle Extractor comes with a wizard like interface. You are also allowed to select items you like and create mpg and d2v files per items. It is quite a self explanatory interface but however minimum skills in programming in also required.
- Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7.
- Required drive space: 2 Mb
- It is effective.
- The OCR feature is really helpful.
- Nothing special to report.
Latest update on May 3, 2013 at 01:56 AM.