CD-Mate is a burning suite, it is capable of competing with Nero Burning ROM.
It offers numerous burning features (data CD, audio CD) and is compatible with most of the burners, whatever their interfaces are. Its only inconvenient is that the free version is limited in 30 days.
- Playing and burning of ISO images.
- Overburning support
- Protections against the "Buffer Under Run": SeamLess Link, Just-Link, Burn-Proof, Safe-Burn, Exac-Link, and Power-Link
- Laser calibration
- Simulation mode
- On-the-fly burning
==Interface and formats
- Support of all the modern interfaces: IEEE on 1394, USB 2.0 and USB 1.1, IDE-to-SCSI, PCMCIA
- Support of numerous modes: CAT / SAO / CAD, RAW-DAO (Sub Channel in 0/16/96)
- Support of numerous formats:data CD, Audio CD, Mixed Mode CDs, CD- Extra disks, CD Copy, bottable CDs, etc.
- Creation of ISO images
- Accepted writable support: 80min, 90min, 120min complete CD-R / RW
- Complete support of the CD-RW, Packet-Writing (in reading and writing)
- Bootable data CD supported, as well as mixed bootable Mixed Mode CD
- Built-in audio player (MP3, WAV, and Audio CD)
- Real-time MP3 conversion: to import MP3 directly onto an audio CD
- Audio extraction, in the style of CDex
- Burning on several devices simultaneously
- CDDB support etc.