Developed by RIM or Research In Motion, BlackBerry Protect
is an application aiming at protecting data stored in BlackBerry Smartphone.
- Remote protection: in case the user has lost his/her Blackberry, this latter can be protected remotely via BlackBerry Protect. It logs on to the website, letting users lock, find, or remove data from a Smartphone from anywhere.
- Password: once installing BlackBerry Protect on the mobile, users will be asked to set a password and lock it to protect data. That way no one will have the access to documents store therein.
- Backup and restore: BlackBerry Protect is automatically backing up wireless contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, browser bookmarks and text messages. They can be backed up daily, weekly or monthly.
- Other features: apart from the functions mentioned above, BlackBerry Protect can locate the phone on a map and make it ring loudly to help find it. You can also configure it to display a message to the one who has found it and how to return it to you.
- Operating Systems: Linux
- Blackberry OS 4.6.0 or higher