We all know that applications for Linux operating system are not as numerous as those designed for Windows. Here is one of those gems: Gespeaker
. It is a GTK+fronted for espeak.
- Text to Speech: Gespeaker is a text to speech application for Linux. It can read aloud a text in English, French, German or even in other languages regardless of its length. Easy to use, users just have to copy the text on the interface and click on "play" to start reading.
- Customizable: this software provides users with many options for reading a text. For example, it is possible to choose the type of voice to use (voice of man, woman, custom voice, etc.). Apart from that, advanced settings enable to adjust pitch, volume, delay and speed of the voice.
- Recording: if required, users can record and save it to WAV file format. You can share it to friends and families, burn it on DVD and other options. This is making this application quite interesting.
- Gespeaker can be downloaded free of charge.
- It is easy to use and available in several languages.