Developed and published by Hi-Rez Studios and released on April 2012, Tribes: Ascend
is a free-to-play online FPS game. With jetpacks, skiing, vehicles and mutiple classes, it is considered as the world’s fastest shooter game.
- Tools and weapons: Tribes: Ascend offers gamers a total freedom of movement and aerial, dog-fight like combat. After each match, if you shoot down the enemies or if you support your team’s objectives, you earn credits. Environements include jagged mountains, sprawling cities and frozen wastelands.
- Game modes: concerning game modes, gamers can choose from five different modes. Tribes: Ascend proposes Team Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, Arena, CTF Blitz and the Rabbit mode.
- Classes: players are proposed three classes when starting the game that are the Pathfinder, Soldier, and Juggernaut. But gamers can also choose among Sentinel, Infiltrator, Raider, Technician, Doombringer, and the Brute who is the heavy hitter with strong basic weapons.
- Vehicles: players can pick one of its three vehicles depending on the level of the game. Tribes: Ascend proposes the Grav Cycle, a cheap and basic vehicle, the Shrink, an aerial fighter or Beowulf a heavy tank.
- Interface : offering 3D realistic characters and environments, gamers just have to select, the armour and the classes and mode they want to enter. The interface, the scene are quite appealing matching action-adventure game lovers.
- Operating systems: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- RAM: 2GB to 3GB.
- Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
- Required disk space: 10GB.
- Video card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card.
- Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card.
- The game is brand new and quite addictive.