This game that plays in Google’s Chrome browser, called Onslaught! Arena
is an action game. It is one of the first commercial HTML5 games on the market.
- The game itself : a great game for gamers loving action, Onslaught! Arena’s goal is to let users beat the green dragon (medieval monsters) if they can. A little bit old-fashioned and giving a nice dose of nostalgia for those that yearn for the good old days of 8-bit video game goodness !
- Arcade-style medieval fantasy shooter : the application offers a non-stop and challenging actions. This aims at letting gamers enjoy all fights and battles without actual and planned strategies.
- Tools : during the fighting with the green dragon, gamers will have the opportunity to use a great assortment of weapons (gadders, battle axes, fireballs, broadswords, etc.) and other tools that can permit them to win the fight.
- Controls : the gamer has to use the mouse and the keyboard to attack and hold down. There are directories on how to start each action. For instance, press on « M » to Mute the game, « W » to Move and « P » to pause, « Z » and « X » to switch weapons. There also exists other actions (kill enemies, eat meat, collect gold).
- Saving data : after reaching the highest score, gamers can save these scores as well as the place in the game after defeating each boss/green dragon.
- Operating System : Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7.
- Onslaught! Arena has a fun and old school graphics.
- Non-stop fighting.
- It is available on Mac AppStore.
- Some levels are repetitive.