NOAA Hi-Def Radar
is an application for viewing real-time animated weather radar images on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and optimized for iPhone 5). With a Retina display, images are even perfectly displayed. Other additional features such as current weather checking are stacked up to this application. It is developed by WeatherSphere. This app's radar can cover all US territories, Puerto Rico and Guam.
- Real-time weather forecast: NOAA Hi-Def Radar is simple to install and run. It displays the weather in a given location in real-time. Users can check Humidity, Visibility, Sunrise and others. It can also detect thunderstorms, lightning strike and tornado warning of the previous minutes.
- Location bookmarking: users can bookmark a location on the map. Quick radar and forecast check of each places is possible. This action can be performed on several locations. For this latest version, bookmarking can be done easily via contact's address book.
- Radar images: radar images displayed are directly coming from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). They are adjustable in terms of opacity. With a fast loading, images can show up and animations can start in a few seconds (even with slow connection).
- Save and share: NOAA Hi-Def Radar can take screenshots of these radar images and send them on social networking websites to friends. If not, the app also lets users send images via email to let friends be aware of the coming weather conditions.
- NOAA Hi-Def Radar offers a highly-responsive interactive map.
- Radar beams cannot be detected if the area is mountainous.
Latest update on May 30, 2014 at 07:28 AM.