To extract a sound track from a DVD, there are paying solutions, the most famous is DVD Audio Extractor. But there is a free solution which also allows to extract the sound track of a AVI or DVD file.
The characteristics of the support:
- DVD / VOBs (not coded from hdd), MPEG2, MPEG1, transport streams (including multi-program) and AVI / DV input sources
- DivX or XviD (5 / 6) output formats
- AC3, DTS, PCM, MPA input audio tracks
- AC3, DTS, MPA, CBR / VBR MP3 output audio tracks
- Two audio tracks in AVI
- External (vobsub) or internal (burnt-in) subtitles (with subv forced support)
- TVHD input/output resolutions (up to 1920x***) and image rates (50/60fps)
- Automatic crop and resize based on source compressibility to get best results.
- Automatic detection of input source: PAL, NTSC, FILM, HYBRID
- Automatic split into CD-sized chunks for the main video and external subs.