Hidetools Child Control
is a parental control software that offers several options to help parents keep track of activities and limit access to Internet to their children. Detailed below are some of its main features.
- Filtering: once installed on the computer system, Hidetools Child Control enables parents to filter allowed web sites. It already owns numerous site categories that are considered dangerous for children. Nevertheless, you can still add other sites that you may judge harmful or adult-oriented.
- Blocking: instant messengers and social network sites carry the most risk to children. The reason is that, these clients expose the children’s pictures and they can be contacted by all online or offline friends.
- Time limit: more than that, Hidetools Child Control also helps to set time limit to Internet access. So then, parents just have to set the hour per day or per week for the child to use the computer or the Internet. There is an advanced time control option to prevent any attempt to cheat the program.
- Security: this program is designed for every child, techie or not. Since you are allowed to block access to task manager, system configuration and control panel, there will be no way, even for a clever child to cheat the program. Settings are password-protected and custom hotkeys enables to activate and deactivate the program.
- Operating Systems: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Hidetools Child Control is a full-featured application to protect children.
- It has an intuitive and graphical user interface.
- It is a shareware version that expires after 14 days of use.