Adium is a free instant messaging software for Mac OS X that is able to connect to AIM, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo, and more.
Adium X 1.1 and later requires Mac OS X 10.4 or greater
If you're using Mac OS X 10.3.9, you'll want Adium 1.0.6
If you're using OS X 10.2, you'll want Adium 0.89.1
is a messaging client for Mac OS that supports several social networking services. It is a real Swiss army knife to get in touch with people all around the world. It is completely secure.
- Instant messaging: as instant messaging software, Adium is a tool to send instant messaging with tabbed messaging for multiple chats. It also allows to import and export files between two contacts.
- OTR Encryption: as for Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging encryption, Adium encrypts the first message sent, displays sent messages in the message window even if they have not yet been sent. The process of encryption is done in perfect secrecy.
- Supported networks: Adium supports numbers of IM networks. Here are some of them: Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ, XMPP, Twitter, Bonjour, IRC, MySpaceIM, Novell GroupWise, Gadu-Gadu, Lotus Sametime, Skype with a plugin, Steam chat, MeBeam and more.
- Other features: apart from all that, Adium also allows users to merge their contacts so that each one of them represents a person. The application uses information in the users' Mac OS X address book to improve and enhance the display of Contact List.
- Adium supports multiple IM networks.
- It supports 27 different languages.
- Intuitive and graphical interface.