Since the creation of folders, users face the more monotonous task of renaming files. Designed by KenSoft and released in 2008, Ken Rename
is a comprehensive tool to rename multiple files simultaneously. Listed here are some of its main features.
- Renaming: Ken Rename can rename any file (audio, video, image, PDF) whatever the number is. It has special support for MP3 files and EXIF tags. It can rename hundreds of files in less than a minute.
- Numeric sequence: Ken Rename can also establish decreasing or increasing numeric sequences. The purpose of this process is to establish simple patterns to rename a large number of pictures taken with digital cameras.
- Other options: integrated with many options to rename any file, the application can set up customizable keyboard shortcuts and allows users to preview renamed files, etc. Nevertheless, it is better to close all files to be renamed because the software does not fulfill its task if they are opened by other programs.
- "Undo" function: this function allows you to cancel all actions and changes brought to several files. With this option, the renamed files will be restored with their original name without changing the content of the file.
- Ken Rename is easy to use and methods of renaming can be done simultaneously.
- The software offers a macro to automate renaming from predefined patterns.
- It supports Unicode characters.
- Language: English, Chinese, Russian, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Audio files must be labeled to be renamed correctly.