Disable the automatic lock - Linux Ubuntu 10.04
If you leave your computer a few moments, your screen is automatically locked. You must enter your password to retrieve your session. You can easily disable this inadvertent locking.
- Simultaneously press the keys Alt and F2. The launcher application is open.
- Enter the command gconf-editor and click Run.
- Then pull down the key desktop, Gnome, lockdown.
- In the right pane, click the checkbox before the element disable_lock_screen.
- Finally close the Configuration Editor. Your screen will no longer be locked automatically when no activity.