<gras>Here's a little trick to check if the root partition of your iPhone contains errors.
Basically the memory of the iPhone is as follows:
- System Partition : contains Cydia application (program and libraries), part of the OS.
- The Private partition : contains application data and applications Cydia Apple Store (themes, itunes, ...).
- To go to Cydia > Manage > Storage
- We will use the Putty to get the IP address of the device.
- To do this go to Settings ? General ? Network & Wi-Fi
- Then run Putty and in the Hostname / IP address, enter the IP address, select SSH.
- Click Open.
- Enter your username and password. To check this, you have to log in root.
- Then we'll use the FSCK utility. You can choose:
- Either you do a simple scan with fsck (to check if your system files are intact and detect errors)
- Then to restart the device, simply type the reboot command
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on July 19, 2011 at 10:22 AM by aakai1056.