Use the Windows key to open the Applications menu in Ubuntu.
On all PC keyboards, there are at least a Windows key. Under the Microsoft system, it allows you to quickly open the Start menu. Why not use it to open the Applications menu in Ubuntu.
- To do this pull down menu System ? Preferences ? Keyboard Shortcuts
- Pull down the Action list to the item Display the main menu of the dashboard under the heading Office.
- Click on the text New Shortcut appears. Press the Windows key (it appears under the name Super L). and validate by clicking Close.
- Warning! With the new version of Ubuntu, this trick does not work anymore and if you press the Windows key nothing happens.
- To solve this bug, you must open the terminal and type the following command line:
gconftool-2-set / apps / metacity / global_keybindings / panel_main_menu-type string "Super_L"
- Now you can use the Windows key to open the Applications menu.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on November 1, 2010 at 07:52 AM by aakai1056.