Under Windows XP, to disable access to the Add/Remove Programs feature (in the Control Panel follow these steps:
- Click on Start > Run > type regedit
- Expand the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/Uninstall
- Double-click the NoAddRemovePrograms
- If it is absent, simply create it: New> REG_DWORD
- Double-click the string created and assign one of the following:
- 0 to display the icon for Add/Remove Programs
- 1 to hide it
- Close registry and restart your PC.
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 7, 2010 at 01:21 AM by jak58.