Windows 7 with all its new features also comes with a couple of new keyboard shortcuts!
Here's a short list, that will definitely optimize your user's experience:
Note that for these shortcuts to work, your Windows version must come with Aero.
- Win+Space: All windows become transparent
- Win+Home: Close all windows except the active one
- Win+Up arrow: Maximize the active window.
- Shift+Win+Up arrow: Maximize the active window vertically.
- Win+Down arrow: Minimize the window or Restore the window if maximized.
- Win+Left arrow: Dock the window to the Left of the monitor (respectively).
- Win+Right arrow: Right the window to the Left of the monitor
- Shift+Win+Left arrow: Move the window to the monitor on the left
- Shift+Win+Right arrow:Move the window to the monitor on the left
As for the mouse gestures:
- Click hold on active window:
- Drag window to the top to maximize it
- Drag window to the left to dock the window (half fill the screen from the left)
- Drag window to the right to dock the window (half fill the screen from the Right)
- Shake window (vertical window) to minimize the other windows.
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 20, 2010 at 03:26 AM by jak58.