BitTorrent is download management software
used widely across the globe. If the location of files downloaded from the internet is not changed, BitTorrent saves them in a default location. For files to be stored in a different location, changes have to be made to BitTorrent configuration settings. To change the location of downloaded files
, the directory needs to be specified in the BitTorrent preferences tab
. It is also possible to change the location for new downloads
as well as downloads already carried out through the directory configuration settings. BitTorrent has proved useful for users of P2P
[BitTorrent] Change default location for storing downloads
To change the location of your download files under BitTorrent
- Click on the Options menu > Preferences > Directories.
- Tick the box next to "Put new Downloads in:" and simply select the path for the new location.
- Validate with the OK button.
- Note that you can configure BitTorrent to automatically move downloads to the folder of your choice.
- Tick the box next to " Move completed downloads to:" and select the path of the new location.