I lost my driver CD for my Epson Stylus DX 3850. I got on the Epson website but after reinstalling in the following drivers: printer and scanner, and a third file provided .
The printer works, but I'm unable to perform scans.
Go to Control Panel:
- Top of the Control Panel go to Tools / Options / Folders / display
- Show hidden files and folders
In the Control Panel, then go to:
- System / select the Hardware tab / Device Manager
In the Device Manager, if a "MFP ..." / "Printer" or even your printer / scanner appears with a question or exclamation mark.
- Right click / "update driver"
- DO NOT connect to Windows Update / "next"
- Select update from a specific location / "next"
- Deselect the update from removable media and select "Include this location in search" and press go to the INF folder (path "classic" - C: \ Windows \ inf -) and press ok then returned to the starting window / "next"
- Installation of the components of your scanner / printer will start.
- Once done reboot your PC.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on January 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM by aakai1056.