External hard disks
can be used to backup data from the primary hard disk of the computer. If all folders in the external hard disk are empty
even though there is data in the hard disk, the external hard disk drive must be checked for malware
. A full scan of the external hard disk drive
will show and disinfect any malicious programs residing in the hard disk. Alternatively, the attributes of the files
on the hard disk may have to be checked for hidden mode
. If the files are in hidden mode
, they can be changed back using the attrib command
from the command prompt.
Please help me out, my hard disk of 320 GB shows all folders as being empty but in the properties it shows the full size and free space accurately. Please help me out; how can I view the data in folders?
if you did not format your drive, then check whether the files are not in hidden mode.
- Click on "Start" -->Run-->type cmd and click on OK.
- Here I assume your drive letter as G:
- Enter this command.
attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:\*.*
- Now press enter.
- Note: don't forget to replace the letter F with your drive letter.
- Now check for your files in that drive.
- After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below
- Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"
- Note: default selected option is "Quick Scan".
Solved by jack4rall
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on October 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM by Jeff.