RogueKiller - Tutorial
What is RogueKiller?
RogueKiller is a tool (developped by Tigzy
) that can kill any active rogue process
. Some infections will prevent the execution of your Antivirus or Anti-Malware softwares, RogueKiller can be used as a preliminary means of disinfection. From there you will be able to implement other solutions to clean your system.
Roguekiller: installation and first use
- Download RogueKiller on your desktop.
- Quit all running programs
- Wait until the pre-scan is completed.
- Accept the EULA and click Scan.
- A report will be generated after the scan (you can publish it on the appropriate forum).
- Click Remove.
- NB: RogueKiller can also replace your current host file with a clean copy: Hosts tab > Fix Host
- If RogueKiller does not start, rename it to winlogon (winlogon.exe).
- The Delete button is only available after the scan. Don't forget to uncheck false positives detected during the scan.
- At the end of the scan a report will be created (RKreport.txt), publish it on the appropriate forums to learn more about the nature of the infection.
- If the program doesn't launch, do not hesitate to try several times.
To contact the publisher:
Original article published by Tigzy
. Translated by deri58