The IPX/ SPX
protocol is used by some old games, such as Red Alert and Command & Conquer, for multi-player gameplay. It is not natively supported by Windows Vista (32 bit).
Here below, you will learn how to manually install this driver under Windows Vista:
- Download this file
- Once it has downloaded, extract the contents of the ZIP file to your hard disk
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center
- On the left side of the window, select Manage network connections
- Double-click on your connection and select Properties
- Go to Set up > Protocol
- Do not select "NWLink IPX / SPX / NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol"
- Instead, click on "Disk" and scroll to C: \ Windows \ inf
- Select netnwlnk.inf and press OK
- Select NWLink IPX / SPX / NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol
- Vista will show a prompt saying the publisher could not be verified
- Click Install
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on March 9, 2013 at 02:49 AM by jak58.