As you know USB keys are usually automatically recognized in Windows 2000 and later versions. But unfortunately this is not the case for Windows 98.
As most persons use Windows 2000 or higher version most manufacturers of USB keys no longer provide drivers for their USB keys under Windows 98.
Try a standard driver:
- Follow the instructions if you have to tackle this type of problem.
- Check if the manufacturer of your USB drive still provides the appropriate drivers.
- You can search on: http://www.google.com/
The first link has been tested to work with:
- Generic USB 2 (OTi2168 chip)
- Verbatim StorenGo USB 2
- SEITEC USB2.0 PR1022 (1Gb)
- The second works with:
- Lexar JumpDrive Pro 2.0
- Intuix 32MB USB key