It may happen that the list of historical updates increase with several important updates and optional, and you want to cancel same. Simply delete the file edb.log
in the folder Windows \ SoftwareDistribution \ DataStore \ Logs.
This file is regularly used by automatic updates of Windows, delete it will be impossible, even with software like Unlocker, as this service is loaded into memory. Please note that once the file is deleted cannot be recovered.
Below is a tip of how to uninstall temporarily:
- Go to menu Start> All Programs> Accessories.
- Right-click on the "command prompt" and select Run as Administrator. .
- Copy/paste the below command:
- And select OK.
- Wait until confirmation that the service is stopped.
- To delete the file, copy the following command in the command prompt:
- You can also delete it manually.
- The service will relaunch in automatic mode at the next reboot, or you can restart with this command:
- This will not uninstall the updates installed. To uninstall an update, go to Programs and Features" and click on Show updates installed .
- You can also manage this function using a notepad.
- Go to the menu Start> All Programs> Accessories> Notepad
- Copy/Paste the following in the notepad:
net stop wuauserv
del% systemroot% \ SoftwareDistribution \ DataStore \ Logs \ edb.log
net start wuauserv
- Go to the File menu > Save.
- Change the file type "All Files."
- Give the file a name that ends with .Bat
- Confirm and Close.
- To run this batch file, you must right-click on the file and select Run as administrator which will remove the history update.
Published by deri58
Latest update on June 17, 2010 at 04:56 PM by deri58.