Upon opening my USB key, only the shortcuts are being displayed and I can't access the files or folder, what can be done?
If you haven not format your flash drive, then check whether the files are not in hidden mode. Follow the following steps.
- Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"
- Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your pen drive now.
- This will remove the autorun.inf files from your pendrive and also from drives.
- Click on "Start" -->Run --> type cmd then click on OK.
- Here I assume your pen drive letter as G:
- Enter this command.
- attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
- You can use the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and paste it.
- Note : Don't forget to replace g: with your pen drive letter.
- Now press "Enter".
- Now check for your files in Pen Drive.
Thanks to jack4rall for this tip!
- After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the below link
- Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"
- Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on October 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM by Jeff.