I have been facing some problems with my monitor. Multiple vertical red-dotted lines are being displayed on the screen.
This is usually a driver issue.
- You get the lines because you're in VGA mode and your computer and video card aren't meshing well.
- Boot into safe mode, right click on my computer.
- Go to device manager and uninstall your video card (display adapter). Be sure to note the type you have.
- Start up normally, go to your desktop and adjust your resolution to something normal (800x600, 1024x768, etc)
- The lines should now go away--if not, the problem might be your display (monitor).
- You can also download and install the latest drivers for your video card.
- Windows Update may also solve this issue.
Thanks to steve
for this tip on the forum.