You can configure Windows 7 to automatically block access to your session after a predefined amount of failed attempts:
First open a command prompt as administrator
- Start > Type "cmd" in the search field
- Press CTRL + Shift + Enter
- Enter the following command:
- Where x represents the number of attempts allowed, replace with a number (10,20..etc)
- If a user fails to enter the current login information at the end of the 15th attempt, by default the access to the session will be blocked for 30 minutes.
- Note that your can change this time variable with this command: