You can lock the Start menu of Windows 7, that is , preventing any other user to add/remove/change the icons and options present. Here's how to proceed:
- Click on Start > Run > Regedit
- Go to :HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies
- Click on the Edit menu > New > Key
- Name it as "Explorer"
- Select the Key
- Click on the Edit menu > New > DWORD Value 32 bits.
- Name this value as "NoChangeStartMenu" and set it's value to "1"
Close the registry editor and restart your PC for the changes to take effect.