I have a problem running Age of Empires 2 on Windows 7. The colors are not properly displayed.
- start the game (AOE2) and press Alt + Tab
- Launch the task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) go to the Processes tab and look for explorer.exe
- Right click on explorer.exe and "stop the process", (your desktop disappears except your screen)
- use Alt + Tab to return to the game and it should be OK.
- when you have finished playing the game close it normally
- open the task manager, tab under "new task" explorer.exe "and your desktop reappears like magic