I have a problem with Excel 2007. All my files are being opened in the same window.
- Go to explorer, choose tools, then folder options. Click the File Types tab.
- Scroll down to the XLS extension. Click the Advanced button. Choose "open", then click the edit button.
- At the end of the "Application used" entry, you'll probably see: /e
- After this, add: "%1" (be sure to include the quotes.)
- Then uncheck the "Use DDE" checkbox. Then click OK. (Windows re-checks it at some point for some reason, but it still works)
- Click on OK
- As from now on, you will be able to use multiple instances of Excel.
Thanks to zangiev
for this tip.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on August 16, 2011 at 10:42 AM by aakai1056.