MacOSX: How to force delete files?
You have emptied the recycle bin, but some files and folders still remains.
- To resolve this problem, we are going to make use a UNIX command.
- Note: remember drag files to the end of the command.
- Replace the * with spaces.
- Take notice of the Upper caps letter "R". It can delete files and folders.
Quotation marks must not be entered.
- Type " sudo*rm*-R*
- Drag files, folders that you want to remove after this command
-Give an administrator password
For more information on the "rm
" command , type "man rm
" in the Terminal.
Published by jak58
Latest update on December 26, 2013 at 08:23 AM by jak58.