MacOSX - How to run a hardware test?
MacOSX integrates Apple Hardware Test (Apple Diagnostics) feature, allowing you to check for the most common hardware related issues. To use this tool:
- First disconnect all the external devices and peripherals
- Restart your Macbook while pressing the D key
- Upon restart the Apple Hardware Test /Apple Diagnostics tool shall open.
- Follow the given instructions.
- Any error detected during the test phase will generate an error code, from there you can Google it, to find the appropriate solution.
Published by jak58
Latest update on December 26, 2013 at 08:07 AM by jak58.