MacOSX - How to run a hardware test?
MacOSX integrates Apple Hardware Test (Apple Diagnostics) feature, allowing you to check for the most common hardware related issues. To use this tool:
- First disconnect all the external devices and peripherals
- Restart your Macbook while pressing the D key
- Upon restart the Apple Hardware Test /Apple Diagnostics tool shall open.
- Follow the given instructions.
- Any error detected during the test phase will generate an error code, from there you can Google it, to find the appropriate solution.