To create an empty file, having a defined size under Windows 7
- Click on Start > cmd > Press CTRL + Shift + Enter to open it as Administrator
- Enter the following command
- fsutil file createnew [name_of_file.extension][size_in_bytes]
- By default the file will be generated in the system32 folder.
If you want to create the file on your desktop simply add "C:\Desktop" to your command:
- E.g: fsutil file createnew C:\Desktop\test.png 6400000
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on October 28, 2011 at 05:38 AM by aakai1056.