- For each update downloaded, the Windows backup cache is installed in Windows \ SoftwareDistribution \ Download.
- However this cache is futile once the update has been installed, apart from consuming disk space.
- Once the update is downloaded and installed, it is possible to clear the folder's content manually.
- You can also use a batch file to clear the folder.
- Go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> Notepad
- Copy this in:
DEL / F / S / Q Download
- Go to the File Menu > Save.
- Change the file type "All Files".
- Give the file a name that ends with .Bat
- Confirm and close.
- To run the file, you have to right click on and select Run as administrator
Published by deri58
Latest update on October 20, 2016 at 10:13 AM by owilson.