[Windows Vista ]Clearing the thumbnails cache
- When launching a folder with videos or images, thumbnails are stored under the explorer of Windows Vista in the file type thumbcache_xxx.db found under Users [Username] AppData Local Microsoft Windows Explorer.
- However, from time to time, the folder consumes lot of space in your disk. Below is a tip of how to clean then cache by using the software CCleaner:
- http://ccm.net/download/download 33 ccleaner
- Download and install CCleaner
- Before starting the cleaning disk, make sure the box: "thumbnail cache" is checked
Using a batch file
- A batch file can execute a sequence of commands without having to retype each time.
- To do this:
- Go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> Notepad
- Copy/Paste the following:
CD LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS EXPLORER
DEL *. db
- Go to the File Menu> Save.
- Change the file type "All Files".
- Give the file a name that ends with .Bat
- Save and Close.
- To run the file, you have to right click on it and Run as administrator.
The Users folder [Username] AppData Local Microsoft Windows Explorer
is hidden and protected, for modifying its content, you must do the following:
- Show Hidden Files in Windows
- Making a record to which access is denied.
- And then just delete all files thumbcache_xxx.db
Published by deri58
. - Latest update by jak58